There are countless destinations to choose from for a great cruise holiday deal. Many travellers opt to find a beach destination where they can relax on warm beaches, enjoy recreational water sports and dine on local seafood. Others seek out cruises that bring them to beautiful European cities along the Mediterranean or even scenic natural landscapes in Alaska. Whatever your ideal destination, P&O Cruises will undoubtedly offer a cruise there. Here are six amazing destinations that come in as some of the most popular choices on P&O Cruises.
1. Hong Kong: This is a popular destination for travellers who are looking for a way to experience the culture of the Asia as well as the luxury and modernity of the West. Hong Kong boasts island views, and incredible harbour, unparalleled shopping and dining experience and a taste of Chinese culture all at once. Many cruises head to Hong Kong while also visiting destinations around Asia like Vietnam, Japan and Thailand.
2. Nassau, Bahamas: The port of Nassau is one of the most popular destinations for cruises around the Caribbean Sea. Nassau boasts incredible colonial architecture along with charming local cafes and quaint stores run by Bahamian residents. Relax on the tropical beaches and enjoy the scenery and sunsets for which the Bahamas are famed.
3. Dubai: The city of Dubai is found in the United Arab Emirates and is a unique destination in the heart of the Middle East. Visitors to Dubai can expect to lavish in luxury, experience updated and modern architecture as well as warm weather, breath-taking ancient structures and bustling souks selling a range of wares to residents and locals alike.
4. Athens, Greece: Many of the most popular destinations for P&O Cruises are found within the Mediterranean Sea. Athens is just one of the many options that boasts historical landmarks, classical architecture, a rich culture and delicious cuisine. Visitors to Athens can tour the Acropolis, relax on the beaches or just experience traditional Greek life in the street cafes.
5. Sydney, Australia: Sydney is perhaps one of the best known harbours in the entire world. Many cruises around the South Pacific stop in Sydney at some point in order for passengers to experience all that the city has to offer. Just a few of the major attractions include the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the famous Sydney Opera House and the incredible Royal Botanical Gardens.
6. Rio de Janiero, Brazil: This destination is one of the most popular in all of South America. While the city truly comes alive each spring during the Carnival celebration, Rio is an exciting location year round as well. Popular landmarks include the giant Christ the Redeemer Statue, breath-taking views from Sugar Loaf Mountain and the beautiful beaches for which Rio is well known.