What is this place?
What is Anglotopia? Anglotopia is simply the website for people who love Britain. We cater to a worldwide audience of Anglophiles who all share a passion for Britain.
What’s Your History? Anglotopia was founded in 2007 in a closet in Chicago. Read our full story here.
Who are Jonathan and Jackie? Jonathan and Jackie Thomas are the founders of Anglotopia. Jonathan has been obsessed with Britain since he was a kid and Jackie has come along for the ride (Anglophile-by-proxy as she likes to say).
Where are you based? Despite the subject of the website, we’re based outside of Chicago in La Porte, Indiana. Our plan is to own a cottage in Britain one day.
Have You Traveled to Britain? We’ve been to Britain cumulatively a dozen times since 2001. We try to go at least once a year if budgeting allows. We always post about our trips on the site and share pictures and videos.
What kind of traffic do you get? Anglotopia was visited by 5 million people last year. We have 190,000 Facebook fans and almost 40,000 email subscribers.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us! Click here for the form!
Find us On:
Anglotopia has been around since 2007 and we have thousands of articles about Britain in our archive. Here’s a selection of our favorites and the most popular ones.
- Ultimate List of Funny British Place Names
- Top 16 Best Castles in England
- Single Girl’s Guide to London
- Top 100 British Slang Words and Phrases
- Top 50 Most Beautiful British Insults
- Top Things Britain Does Better than America
- 101 Free Things to do in London
- Top 100 UK Tourist Attractions
- Britain’s World Heritage Sites – Full List
- Top British Comedies of All Time
- Myths Americans Believe about Britain
- Top 11 Stately Homes in England
- Brit Actors I’d Leave My Husband For
- Guide to Packing for a Trip to Britain
- The Top 12 Castles in Scotland
- The British Airways First Class Experience
- Where Americans Live in London
- Top Ten British Chick Flicks
- Top 10 Anglophile Movies
- Brit TV Adaptations That Failed in the US
- Top 13 Best Castles in Wales
- Top 100 UK Hotels
- 9 things We still don’t get about Britain