You’ve always wanted to start selling on Amazon, but you never managed to gather enough budget to start? Don’t worry, it’s still possible, with almost no savings. After you manage to obtain your first profit, you can reinvest it in your business and grow more.
How to sell on Amazon for free?
- Sell free products – You probably have some inventory around your house that are just sitting there and collecting dust. Use them to obtain your profit and reinvest later.
- Create an Individual Seller Account – This account won’t cost anything upfront.
- List your product.
- Deliver your items to your customers.
Selling on Amazon will cost you some money, but it’s much less than you think. Many sellers started with less than $500 and managed to grow their business ultimately. There are two principal costs that you’ll have to pay, Amazon fees and the cost of your products.
There are two fees you’ll have to pay for Amazon:
- Referral fee – This is actually Amazon’s commission for letting you sell on their platform, and it’s usually around 15% of your product’s price.
- Individual Seller Account – If you choose this account option, you won’t have to pay any costs before you actually sell an item. After you do, you will have to pay a $0.99 flat rate per product sold.
Since both of these fees are taken after you obtain your sale, you won’t need any budget for them.
How to find free products to sell on Amazon?
Even if you’re totally broke, there is a way! Start flipping things you already own. For example, take some of your furniture that you don’t need and experiment with some of the DIY projects. With some spray colors and new knobs, your old wardrobe will look fresh and ready for sale. This way, you can use things you already own to make your starting capital. Also, you can sell your old books, some of them may have a high value on the market. In case you’re crafty with your hands, you can make unique, handmade items and sell them on Amazon.
How well will your products perform on the market?
Before you list your items for sale, you need to check whether they will actually sell. To do this, you need to:
- Check your items BSR – All products have their unique Best Sellers Rank within a specific category. The lower a product’s BSR, the better it will sell on Amazon. An item with a Best Sellers Rank of #5 will likely sell thousands of pieces monthly while a product with a BSR of #200,000, will sell only a few units within the same timeframe.
- Estimate your sales – With IO Scout Sales Estimator, you can predict the number of sales based on the product’s BSR or determine how many sales you need to obtain to gain a particular BSR. To use other essential tools that will ultimately level up your selling business, subscribe to IO Scout to gain access to all features before their special offer expires.
- Estimate how fast your product will sell – To do so, all you need to do is divide the average number of monthly sales by 30. By doing this, you will determine how many units are sold daily.
How to create a free Amazon seller’s account?
Simply by choosing the Individual Seller Account over the Professional Plan. The Professional Seller account will charge you with a subscription fee of $39.99 per month, while the Individual Seller Account requires you to pay a flat rate of $0.99 for every sold product after the sale is made.
How to deliver your products to customers?
There is no such thing as free shipping for sellers on this platform, but there are several things that will reduce the shipping cost.
- Use materials for packing that you already own – Reuse all packing boxes and materials that you own.
- Sell lightweight and small items – The smaller the goods you market, the lower your shipping charges will be.
- Use Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) selling method – Amazon FBA is probably the best selling program you can choose. Amazon will store, prepare, and ship your products to customers for a much lower cost than what it would cost you to do it yourself. Besides that, products that are being shipped with FBA are more trustworthy in the customer’s eyes, and they trust Amazon to handle deliveries more than they do to the sellers. Also, Amazon will deduct FBA fees from your current balance, so you don’t have to take money from your wallet. FBA program is a great opportunity, especially for newbies, but you need to understand precisely how much these fees will cost you before you list your products for sale. That way, you will avoid any potential risks to miss when gauging your potential profit.
IO Scout Amazon FBA Calculator
Whether you are selling on Amazon for quite some time or are just about to start and are launch a new item, it is always necessary to keep an eye on the budget. That is when the Amazon FBA calculator comes in place. This free tool from IO Scout is entirely free for use to anyone on IO Scout’s website. Calculate all fees related to the FBA selling method based on the product’s ASIN, within just a few clicks.